We will be running events at both the Twin Ovals (twin 1, the football oval) and at Gormley Park again tomorrow. As a result of the two sites, it is important that you are aware of some key information relating to tomorrows meet, this includes:
- Tiny Tots – you will be at Twin Ovals with your program starting at 10 am.
- U6 -U10 – you will only be at Twin Ovals, arrive for 8.30 am ready for warm ups unless you are walking (U9-10) then please be there at 8 am. U6-U8 age groups will not be doing long jump but will have two throws in an effort to avoid travelling between grounds.
- U9-U15 Walkers – you will be starting at 8 am at the Twin Ovals.
- U11 – U15 – you will start at Gormley Park at 8.30 am for warm up and then field events. If anyone in this age group are doing walks at 8 am then they will need to head down to Gormley directly after their race. This age group will go to Twin Ovals for track events.
- Travel Between Sites: We have taken on-board your feedback and taken steps to minimise walking between the two sites as much as possible.
- Parking – The Knights Cricket Club has asked that we park on the high side of the car park in the first instance, leaving parking available to cricket spectators.
- Food – the BBQ will be up at Twin Ovals and the canteen run by the Knights Cricket Club will be open for other items.
- Extra Track Event – At the end of the meet we will run 1500 m at Twin Ovals for those that just can’t get enough running.
- Trialling Athletes – If you are trialling, please go to the correct ground for your age group and we will mark you down.
- Track Crew & Walks Judges – It would be appreciated if you could please be onsite and ready for an 8am start, ensuring we can get the meet underway on time and smoothly.
I would like to thank everyone for their patience, this season has had more than its share of challenges. This is expected to be our last meet at the Twin Ovals, at least in the short term. We are aiming to resume full track meets at Gormley Park next week.
Best of luck to athletes for tomorrows meet, fingers crossed that conditions will favour PB performances.